Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 30: What is the degree of self-lies you exist in? And how can you free yourself from this self deception?

Contemplate on self-lies. Humans are the only creatures who can do this. Why can't we see what is? Because we believe that we cannot deal with the truth.

Pay attention to all the facts in your life that you have avoided.

This is a hard one. Because part of me thinks, do I really want to dig deep into this question. What if I like my self-deception, what if my delusions make getting through life easier?

Sigh. This is s tricky one in the face of cancer, where belief can have such an impact, so what do you do?? Continue to believe and hope or do you just start looking at the raw data??

Maybe that's not the kind of self-lies he's talking about. Maybe it's something deeper, something less tangible and more psyche related.

Either way, I know possibly have some self deceptions, but mostly they are beliefs in things that will happen/are happening... like beating cancer or winning worlds or growing or chaning in one way or another. And I'm keeping those for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment