Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 27: What is your relationship with your past?

What is your entanglement with your past? How is your past ruling you right now? Does it keep infecting you? Is your past determining your present and your future.

The person of clarity does not allow his past to influence his present. He is free to create the future he wants to create.

This clarity can help you become free of your past and be in the present moment and create a new future.

I am breaking free from it. I am learning to let go of it. I am taking what I have learned and all the love and care I've ever received and letting the rest drift away. Sometimes I pictures myself in an ocean that washes it all away and it's lost in a sea so big--that there's no way to get it back once you let it go.

The ways the past is still ruling me is in my insecurities... The things I've suffered in my past, the ways I've been hurt have left scars of sorts that seem to cripple me in various ways. Sometimes I am crippled from sharing or being vulnerable, sometimes from trusting someone else, sometimes from standing up for myself--for what I want or don't want--from sharing my real opinions. I have a fear of abandonment.

I want to create a new future where my past doesn't keep me tethered to hurt and pain, to wounds that the people I am with now didn't cause and had nothing to do with. I want to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment