Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 6: Who do you really want to be?

What do I really want to be? Who do you want to be? To yourself? To others?
Then figure out, have you been that to yourself and other?


He mentions in the video that sometimes we accidentally become someone else. What he means, I think, is that without some sort of attention/plan/focus/awareness of what we want to be, who we are trying to become... we will become an accidental creature of sorts. We will become something, no doubt, but what?? And by whose design?

I want to be purposeful, attentive, self-aware. I want to be part of my own unfolding, I want to be part of the on-going creation of me. I want to be intentional in the kind of person I am being and intentional in the kind of person I am becoming. (Wow, we are in serious hippy territory here...)

What do I really want to be? Who do I want to be?
a mom comes to mind
a wife/partner
a family
a good friend (trustworthy, attentive, solid, dependable)
an unconditional lover
a want to be more of a "feeler" than a "thinker"
i want to be a jiu jitsu world champion
i want to be healthy
i want to allow myself to say no, and be weak or demanding from time to time
self aware
i want to carry myself with the comfortable confidence of someone who is comfortable in their own skin


What I am I actually being?
a partner
trying to be less conditional
definitely a thinker and not a feeler
affected by cancer
not so confident, not so comfortable

But I feel dynamic. I feel like I am moving. I am becoming. And this is helping me become mindful of the process and participate in it.

2 comments:

  1. you are undoubtedly a good friend as well, seana.

    i think you are so much more than you think you are. you're fun. you're engaging. you're inspiring. you're true. you're intelligent.

    you're somebody i've looked up to since the moment i met you. you're someone who inspires me to be better.

    you're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete