Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 11: What are you changing?

What are you changing? What are the changes you are bringing into your life and into others lives, just by being you? As am I, as I do, what am I changing?

We are all participating in some kind of change. This should give you self-recognition, self-empowerment, and self responsibility.

He talks about how when you are with someone else, are you changing them to be more happy, more fulfilled, or tearing them down. And with nature, he mentions are we helping our environment (both literally and figuratively) bloom or whither?

I feel dynamic. I feel in a constant state of flux and change. I am very aware of the ways I am trying to recreate myself (particularly wellness)... I am aware of the things I want to do and the kind of person I want to be... The things that are important to me. But, I am less aware of how my presence impacts those around me and my environment. But it definately is something I should be aware of, more alert to, more purposeful in, maybe...

I know I impact people. I know I make a difference. I know how powerful my words are (all of our words are) to speak life or death to people. No one wants to sound self-aggrandizing but there is huge power in how we interact with others and our world. A simple smile can bring hope to a stranger... It doesn't always even require much effort.

It's definitely something I will continue to ponder.

This would be a really good question to ask a few people, although I guess that would defeat the mindfulness/self searching part of this... But I still may do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment