Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 49: Nirvan technique

Nirvan means to be naked. Find a space 3 or 4 times today and be naked (undefended) to your own possibilities.

The possibilities for me are endless. Endless. If I can get over the prognosis... If I can learn to live regardless of my physical illness...

I'm inspired by the biological scientist Stephen Jay Gould who was diagnosed with a rare cancer that had a median survival of 8 months. He decided he was going to be in the tail end of the curve... living beyond the 8 months. He died 20 years later of another disease. He had one of the most admirable scientific careers of his era. He lived thirty times longer than the oncologists had predicted. THIRTY TIMES LONGER.

Anything is possible. Everything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment