Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 2: Where are you heading? (where am I heading)

Where are you heading?
If you remain how you are where are you going to end up? If you keep doing what you are doing, what is the end result?
With every action, thought, every feeling, every intention, where are you heading?

And is that where you want to go?

Sit with the truth you come to.


Hrmph. Such interesting and illusive questions. It really pushes me to think in ways I don't normally think and think about things I usually avoid. However, since being inspired by my cousin Sarah to make a list of things to do during my life (over 100 things) I feel, for the first time in a long time, like I have purpose, focus, direction. It's not that a life can be summed up in a to-do list, but rather that it's a starting point. It sets a mental tone. There are things I want to do/accomplish and now it affects day-to-day decisions. For example, how I spend my time. I waste far less of it... because if I want to learn a language or get better at meditating or playing guitar it requires doing things...
And if there are things I want to do, plans need to be made so these things happen.

For the first time in a long time I am going somewhere. And I like where I am going. I am living the life I want to live, as much as possible, making the most of opportunities.

2 comments:

  1. For as long as I've known you, you've been going somewhere. Seana, you are so inspiring. I am so happy to hear that you are living the life you want to live. It's such an awesome feeling, isn't it?

    I wish I could just jump through this computer screen and lay a big wet kiss on your cheek and give you the biggest of squeezes.

    Might I suggest making a list of things you've accomplished because I know your list would be a big one. Jotting down the things you've done is such a great feeling and I know for damn certain that your list would be amazing. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

    Thinking about you. Sending you all sort of love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. I miss you.
    I will make that list. Start making it. It's a great idea.

    xo

    ReplyDelete